Monday, April 8, 2013

ALMOND CRUSTED TILAPIA OR CHICKEN


INGREDIENTS

1 pound bag of raw unsalted almonds
Egg Whites
Paprika
Garlic
Onion
Salt
Pepper
**This makes much more breading than I need, but I just bag it and refrigerate the rest until the next time I make it again.

DIRECTIONS
 
Almond Flour: 
Blend all ingredients except for egg whites in a food processor to taste (honestly just toss about a tablespoon each spice in and then just a dash of salt and pepper) until it is very fine and soft, almost flour like...It's ok if there are still bits of almond that aren't ground up all the way.  I actually had larger chunks in mine and it tasted really good!  I loved the texture!

Start with 6-8 raw chicken breast or tilapia; trim off all of the fat and cut them into individual portion sizes. Place each breast between plastic wrap and pound until they are thin. Then, I dredge each piece of chicken thru either an all egg white bath. Shake off the excess egg white and then dip both sides of the chicken breast in the almond flour/breading put on onto aluminum foil lined baking sheet and cook.

I like my chicken crispy on top so I bake it the following way: 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Half way through the baking process I pull the chicken out and flip so the underside isn't soggy... then with about 4-5 minutes left I put the broiler on and let them get nice and golden brown on top!

No comments :

Post a Comment