Monday, February 8, 2016

Marathon Training- week 9 complete

This has been such an amazing experience so far, with the best being this morning.  I finally had the chance to make it out to Newton for a Team run out of Heartbreak Hill Running Co.  WOW what an awesome atmosphere to be in.  I will admit, I was beyond nervous for it because while I love team atmospheres (I mean duh, growing up playing soccer), but when it comes to running, I am a solo runner.  Headphones on and tune out the world without a care in the world.



Saturday morning...surrounding yourself with energetic, positive people who share the same passion for living a healthy and happy lifestyle is exactly what I needed!!  I could have done without running heartbreak hill twice...and all of the rolling hills in between, but it was well worth it!

My coach says that we need to find a rhythm.  Week after week. In training. In our nutrition. In our habits.  Well one thing is for sure, I love this pre long run meal!  Oatmeal, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cinnamon, dash of maple syrup, mixed with banana slices and a few strawberries.  WOW it is yummy!  Sometimes I mix in a tsp on chocolate or strawberry shakeology too if I want a bit more flavor.

Layering is another piece of the rhythm and preparation that I need to get better with.  I SWEAT! Seriously wonder how one person can sweat so much (maybe it's because I CONSTANTLY drink water).  So figuring out how many layers in what degree temperature is still a mystery...only a bit more time to figure this one out!

Here is the run from this morning and seriously, I feel like I just inhaled a ton of positive energy in my life and exhaled the negative.  Of course it was even better to come home to my girlfriend ready to make me a post run shake and get ready to head to our massage!  What a Happy Weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment