Friday, September 26, 2014

More about My Story

Almost a year ago I was close to going to the emergency room. I couldn't walk on my own, cried and screamed due to the excruciating pain I was in and I could barely go to the bathroom by myself. In a blink of an eye I went from my tough college athlete 'push through anything' mentality to wondering if this was going to be forever. 

Pain management, drugs, a lot of money for treatment and therapy,chiropractic appointments, etc. With time, patience, self motivation, and the inspiration from others I slowly was able to get back to the active life I knew and loved.

So what happened? OVERTRAINING. I thought working out longer, harder, eating less, was going to break my plateau and finally bring me the confidence I longed for. I had been doing a home workout program, plus would go to the gym for at least an hour. It was truly INSANE. This reality check put things into perspective perfectly for me. Yes, I was recorded on the doctors table, drugs in me, machine hooked up to me, so that I would remember this weak moment in my life.

This is only a part of what brings me to inspire others. Patience to get into shape. Patience to learn the steps to making changes to your nutrition to make huge impacts on your body. Motivate others to workout SMART and NOT OVERTRAIN. Working out is only about 30% of it...the rest is what you're putting into your body.

So I urge you to take that first step towards a healthier, happier life. I'll be right next to you on the journey.

No comments :

Post a Comment