Sunday, March 16, 2014

STUFFED SWEET POTATOES

When I saw this recipe I just had to try it!  My mom makes the unhealthy version of this over Thanksgiving so when I tried it and showed this to her...she said I'm hired this year to make it!  Try it out and let me know what ya think!


INGREDIENTS:
2 Medium sweet potatoes, cooked (bake or microwave)
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp cream cheese (1/3 less fat)
2 egg whites
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
mini marshmallows
corn flakes
almond slivers or pecans
marshmallows, corn flake, healthy sweet potato, cruncy
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cut sweet potatoes in half and scoop out the middle, leaving the skin as a "shell"
3. Mix sweet potato insides with PB, cream cheese, egg whites and spices.
4. Scoop mixture back into shells.
5. Crush up the almonds and corn flakes, crumble on top and place a few mini marshmallows on top.
6. Bake for 15 minutes until marshmallows begin to brown.  Can broil for last minute if desired.

ENJOY!

No comments :

Post a Comment