Sunday, March 15, 2015

HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK

-Put one cup of raw almonds in 3-4 cups of water for 8-10 hours. 
(I do it before I go to bed at night) 

-After, rise the almonds off. Put them in a blender with 3 cups of new water and blend for 45 seconds. 
Strain using a fine strainer (push it through with a spatula)
and wa-la... Almond milk.

I don't like to drink it warm so I put in it the fridge and by the next morning it's nice and chilled.

With the almonds mashed up in the strainer, I make almond meal out of it.  Place a parchment paper on a cookie sheet.  Spread out the mashed up almonds and bake at 200 or 250 degrees in the oven till they are dry.  Place in blender to make a fine crumb.  I put back in the oven to toast it a little longer, but that is your choice.  And BOOM yummy almond meal. 

SO EASY.  SO WORTH IT!

No comments :

Post a Comment